I have just recently been awarded the ‘Versatile Bloggers Award‘ – thank you to John at Doug Does Life.I really appreciate the nomination, as it encourages me to keep blogging and sharing my thoughts and insights. Please check out John’s blog here http://dougdoeslife.com/about/
His monkey Doug will inspire you I’m sure, and I just love the illustrations of all the things Doug gets up to!
There are actually certain rules involved with being nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award as follows (and you can link to more about this here): http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/about/
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
I would like to point out that I am quite new to the blogosphere, and have only recently discovered all these fabulous blogs, so it was actually hard to round up 15 yet, but I’m sure that will change as I work my way around WordPress further!
So, my nominees so far (in no particular order) for ‘The Versatile Bloggers Award’ are:
- T.K. Coleman http://tkcoleman.com/ T.K. puts up some very inspiring words, and shows us a deeper way of looking at how we act in the world.
- Eleanor Twigby http://eleanortwigby.wordpress.com/ For a satirical aspect on all thing every day. I just wish she’d write more often!
- Espirational http://espirational.com/ On this blog you will find inspiring quotes, articles, recipes… they also invite other bloggers to post as well.
- The Commonsense Philosopher http://jamesneed.com is someone who thinks like me! Actions and words to inspire you to live better.
- Jeff Moore, My Everyday Power http://everydaypowerblog.com/ It is Jeff’s mission to uplift, inspire and motivate 1,000,000 people to live better lives.
- Mrs Holder’s Legacy http://mrsholderslegacy.wordpress.com/ for a very humorous take on things.
- Paragraph http://heidikuisma.wordpress.com/category/photography/events/ Heidi produces some beautiful and amazing photos – take a browse through her gallery.
I promise to add another 8 as I have time to explore more!
Now for ‘7 Things About Me’:
- I live with my husband of 27 years on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, a region about 1 hour north of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, but have lived in Melbourne (where I grew up), Perth and Brisbane, with a couple of short stints on Hayman Island (lucky me!).
- My 22 year old daughter currently lives in Melbourne, but is moving back to Brisbane in January (I am so glad – I have missed her terribly).
- I have worked in varying fields, starting off as a professional singer and dancer in my 20’s, being a mum in my 30’s as well as becoming a teacher aide working with special needs children into my 40’s. I have worked as an admin officer for an electrical company for a number of years, and am now unemployed and trying to discover my passions.
- I love animals and wish people would respect them more.
- I consider myself a spiritual person, but not religious, as I believe we can get too tied up with dogma.
- Reading is one of my passions – especially books that explore the nature of self and the universe (including science).
- Family and friends are important to me, and I like to help when I can, be it with a listening ear, having fun, healing through my use of toning or just hanging out.
Don’t forget to check out Doug Does Life, the nominator of my award. Thanks again John!